Once again it’s that time of the year when people’s attention is directed towards the age old ritual of gift- giving. It’s Christmas season people! If you are like me, then you probably have no idea what to get your friends and family. Since gift giving is a major part of holiday celebrations, you will have to put on your thinking cap and come up with awesome ideas on gifts to give.
A good gift does not have to be worth a lot. It just needs to be considerate and thoughtful. A perfect idea would be to go “new age”. You can never go wrong with new age. Inspirational, meditation and gifts of well-being are always appreciated, as they are an indication that you want a good happy life for your loved one. Here are some great suggestions I have compiled that you can choose from.
1. Vintage Soy Candle Kit – This kit allows you to make your own soy candles. A typical kit will come with eco soy wax, a few wicks, some scents, a digital thermometer and a couple of antique glasses. You could also try other moulds such as china tea cups. This is an excellent gift to give as it is inexpensive and has practical use.
2. Organic Skin Care Gift Box – This is the perfect gift for female friends or relatives. Find a good one that comes in a beautiful Eco-friendly box. The products maybe coconut oil based or based on any other natural oils. Be careful when getting this kind of product and especially so if you are male. Ask around for good quality products. A bad product will ruin a perfect gift idea.
3. Cellphone covers – Cellphone covers are a good way to go. Everyone owns a cellphone, right? All you need to know is the brand and you are good. Try to get differentiated kinds such as those with radiation protection or card pockets. Make it different from his/her other covers.
4. Organic Perfumes – These essential oil based perfumes are infused with gem and flower essences to give the user a holistic experience. Popular scents include Mind, Body and Spirit. You can get one of them or all of them to make a complete ‘one’. These perfumes are toxin and synthetic fragrances free making them a very healthy gift.
5. A Gratitude Journal and Diary – A gratitude diary is an excellent gift. It will help uplift and change the life of a loved one. It helps one take notice and appreciate daily blessings encouraging positive living even in tough times. Some of these journals may also have astrology guides and inspirational quotes to further lift a person’s spirits. This gift will impact positively on a loved one.
6. Mugs with positive inscriptions – A coffee or tea mug is one of the first things we pick up when we get out of bed in the morning. A mug with inspirational inscriptions can impact positively the rest of your day. Depending on the vendor, these mugs will come boxed beautifully. This makes for a sweet and very inexpensive gift.
7. Aromatherapy diffuser – Diffusers can be used to purify air inside our homes, create a good mood or give relief to an ailing person. It all depends on the oils you use. The health benefits of aroma therapy are tremendous and gifting this item to someone shows how much you care about them.
8. Wu Tao Dance DVD – Developed by Aussie mum Michelle Locke, Wu Tao gives people a chance to heal through dance. It is a lot of fun, easy and effective and will help with all sorts of health issues ranging from stress to arthritis. This dance gives nourishment to the mind, body and spirit.
9. Up-cycled gifts – This are items made from things that would have otherwise being waste such as tire tubing. They make for an amazing gift for nature lovers and will be much appreciated.
10. Items made of recycled material such as cloth or canvas – This would be a perfect Eco-friendly gift to give a friend. It’s inexpensive and minds the environment.
Choose any item from this list and give it to a friend this festive season. Help improve other peoples’ lives while still caring for the environment.